Creamy Key Lime Stuffed Cannolis with Mango Riesling Sauce
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lime zest
- 4 tablespoons bottled Key lime juice or 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese (about 1/2 pound)
- 4 oz. coconut flakes, toasted
Mango Riesling Sauce:
- 3 ripe mangoes (each about 3/4 pound), peeled and diced (or use frozen)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar, or to taste
· ¼ cup Applewood Winery Riesling
Preheat oven to 375. Combine first 5 ingredients in food processor until well blended and put aside in a mixing bowl. Meanwhile, spread coconut flakes onto cookie tray and toast until lightly browned. When cooled, pulse in food processor, then fold into filling mixture. Put the filling mixture into a pastry bag (or ziplock baggie with the end corner snipped off) and pipe into cannoli shells.
To make the mango sauce, just put all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend. To serve, drizzle the mango sauce on the plate and place cannoli on top. Serve with Applewood Winery Sweet Riesling for a dessert pairing to impress your friends!